Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Something's Burning: Twice Baked Potato Casserole

 A few years back, mama and I stopped trying to re-stuff the potatoes and
realized it was much easier to just throw everything in a casserole dish.
Here's what I add to mine:
  
I bag shredded sharp cheddar cheese (I leave a little on the side for topping)
1 bag bacon bits (also save a bit to the side)
1/2 c. butter
1 c. sour cream
diced green onions
5-6 large fully baked potatoes
Salt and pepper
You could also add onion and bell pepper (my mom does)
but I'm not an onion fan and Chad's not a bell pepper fan...

Scoop out potatoes and mix with
the rest of the ingredients

Spread in casserole dish and add extra cheese, bacon bits and
 green onion to the top
 
Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.

Always a side with steaks or pork chops at my house.

1 comment:

  1. We have this once a week at least! Your recipe's are always SO good, and very quick and easy! Always a hit in our house!

    ReplyDelete