Monday, August 22, 2011

Pretty in Pink

We all had a very big weekend. 
I hosted (along with some other friends and family)
a baby shower for one of my best friends at our house and have been planning
and preparing for it for months!

Also this weekend Mr. B ended up at the doctor on Sunday morning......
and also ended up with a double ear infection!  He's been congested and stuffy for
over a week but when his fever went up on Saturday afternoon, we thought it was best
to get him checked out before the work week and I'm so glad we did! 

Of course!!!!  I take him in with every sniffle and cough the first 9 months of his
life, but lo and behold, the one time we wait it out and think he's fine, 
a DOUBLE ear infection?!!  Really?  I was just thinking he was starting to feel better! 

Last night I was worn OUT!! 
As I sat down with my sick sweet boy right before bed, this is the conversation I
had with my husband. 

Me: Chad, will you pleeaaasse rub my feet? They are kiiilling me!!
Chad: O. kaaaaay (obviously not wanting to, but since I asked…)
Chad: I haven't rubbed your feet since you were pregnant. Are you pregnant?
Me: NO!
Chad: Wow
Me: What?!
Chad: Nothing: It's just odd rubbing your feet when they aren't huge and swollen!
Me: Thanks, I guess
Chad: I mean, I can feel the bones in your feet.
Me: Um, yeah…
Chad: ….and they aren't squishy!

 ......and that's when the fight began....
Just kidding!  My husband has worked very hard to help get our house
clean and beautiful for this special shower!  I couldn't have done it without him!

Here's some of the party decor:

Beckett was up at 6 am, which means mommy was up at 6 am.
Daddy got to sleep in a bit while mommy did some work in the kitchen and watched Mr. B
scooter-poot (that's a mcclaryism for playing in the walker)
and stare at the ceiling in the dining room. 
He's not used to all the pink stuff.  It mesmerizes him!

Paper banner in the breakfast nook.
  
  
I hung these banners around my glass candle holders on the mantle.

Here is my tree of crazyiness in the foyer.  Chad is tired of seeing it.
He thought it was cute, but I made the mini pom poms in May!  
He was ready to throw the limbs in the backyard last night after I pulled all
the ornaments and flowers off.
It's in the garage now awaiting the bats that I'm attaching
for Halloween.
I'll probably assemble that tomorrow.
And no, I'm not kidding....
life with a baby will cure you of procrastination if
it's something you really intend on getting done. 
It now takes me months to finish any kind of project!

The flowers on the tree were made from coffee filters I dyed with
Kool-Aid.  I'll post the instructions on how I did
those soon. 

Tissue Paper pom poms in the dining room
(Posting instructions soon)





The food!
I'll be posting the recipe soon for the caramel apple dip for those of you who asked.

My mom made the cupcakes (espresso, red velvet and pralines and cream) and
the strawberry shortcake trifle.


Drink Station


I was actually very sad Sunday night when it was all over. 
It was almost like the day after Christmas.
You do all the decorating, shopping, wrapping and preparing and
it's dunzo before you can even blink.
Now we just sit and wait on the arrival of that sweet baby girl!
I cannot wait!!
Next up.....
Beckett's first birthday party in November 
Guess I need to start planning that NOW!!
It's sure to be a tear-jerker.
I get misty-eyed just thinking about him turning the big O-N-E.

No comments:

Post a Comment